He Reigns!

Monday, April 2, 2018

No Difference to God

"'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, 'That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions,your old men shall dream dreams.'"~Acts 2:17

I got my feelings hurt a few weeks ago. It doesn't happen often at this point in life because I've got a pretty tough skin. However, this particular event kind of ate at me over a period of a couple of weeks before I realized how much it did actually bother me. 

I had applied to a Christian organization that helps place pastors in small, struggling churches around the country. When the man in charge called me, he told me what a wonderful resume I had, what great experience, and my education was outstanding. I would be perfect for placement somewhere... If only I were a man!

Now, if I were a different person, I might have taken to social media to rant over the injustices in life. I might have gotten a lawyer and sued someone for discrimination. I might have contacted some feminist groups, organized a march, and destroyed property along the way. I might've gone on Oprah or Ellen.... After all, that's how it's done these days.

But I'm not a different person, and instead of acting like a loudmouth, classless idiot, I took my problem with what had happened to the Lord. Instead of reacting, I thanked the man for calling, we prayed together, and I asked God to bless him in all that his hands touched.

Judges 4 tells the story of Deborah, who was a judge over Israel. In a time when men ruled, here was a woman who was a prophetess and a wife (v. 4) judging the people. Later on in verse 9,  we see she also went to battle beside Barak. God has a plan and uses those who are willing to obey. He doesn't care if we're male or female, He only cares about our desire to serve Him. It is man who has set rules and regulations about who God wants in leadership. 

"So Peter opened his mouth and said, 'Truly I understand that God shows no partiality, but in every nation anyone who who fears Him and does what is right is acceptable to Him' (Acts 10:34-35)."

Read Judges 3-4

A Year of Blessings by Marie McGaha ©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!