He Reigns!

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Faith Not Fear

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."
~John 14:27

If you've read any headlines lately, you know the world is in pretty rough shape. The war in the Middle East has been going on since shortly after 9/11 and is now threatening to escalate to a full world war. So far, the BMOC are in play - America, Russia, France, Great Britain - and of course, China and North Korea are putting in their two cents. It's some scary stuff that have a lot of people ready to head for the hills and hide for a while. But did you know being afraid is not biblical? Fear and faith cannot coincide. Faith is from God, fear is not.

"But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel:
'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine' (Isaiah 43:1)."

Those who have accepted Christ as their Savior have been redeemed and belong to the Lord. The God who redeemed the nation of Israel is the same God who redeems us today. He is Jesus Christ and He hasn't changed. In fact, He sent His own Spirit to comfort and guide us (1 John 4:13). He did not give us a spirit of fear but of love and power and sound judgement (2 Timothy 1:7). Fear is not of God but a weapon of the enemy meant to steal our peace and joy. When our faith is firmly rooted in the person of Jesus Christ, and we have a complete understanding of who we are in Him, there is no room for fear. 

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)."

Read 1 Samuel 22; Psalm 34, 56, 57 & 142; 1 Chronicles 12

A Year of Blessings by Marie McGaha ©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!