He Reigns!

Thursday, October 25, 2018

His Strength


“And David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because all the people were bitter in soul, each for his sons and daughters. But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God.”
~1 Samuel 30:6

In the above verse, David and his men had returned to Ziklag and found the Amalekites had burned the city and taken everyone hostage, including two of David’s wives. All the men were grieved and angry, and lashed out at David, threatening to stone him to death. David had a couple of choices—he could have lashed back, he could have run in fear, but instead, he turned to the Lord God and strengthened himself.

While we may not face death by stoning, there are many times in life when we face adverse situations that bring us to our knees. It is in these moments of weakness that the devil stirs up seeds of doubt that can wreak havoc on our lives and our faith. The devil’s goal is to divide and conquer, to make us feel as if God is far from our lives and doesn’t care about our situation.

“I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in Me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing (John 15:5).” 

It is only through our complete dependence upon the Lord that we are able to persevere through any situation and have victory on the other side. When we begin to think we can overcome on our own ability and strength, it is then that we truly fail.

“But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:9-10).”

Read 1 Corinthians 6-10

©2018 Marie McGaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!