He Reigns!

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

He Is Holy Still


“My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Distant from my salvation are the words of my groaning. O my God, I cried out by day, but You did not answer, by night but there was no rest for me. Yet You are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel.
~Psalm 22:2-4

There are times we go through dry periods where God can seem far away, as if He doesn’t hear us. Our prayers seem just as dry and go unanswered, and it’s all we can do to offer up words of worship. But no matter how we feel, it’s important to remember that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, and He is not dependent on our feelings. No matter how we feel, He is holy still.

“Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why are you murmuring within me? Hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, for the salvation of His presence (Psalm 42:6).”

David lived a complicated life. He went through periods of depression, sadness, and grief. He lived through dry periods where God seemed far from him and everything that could go wrong, did. Even in the times when he cried out to God, his feelings raw and his life seemingly on the brink of disaster, David could draw on the one thing he knew to be true – God is holy and worthy to be praised.

When we find ourselves in dry times where God seems far away, we can draw on David’s wisdom—why are you downcast, O my soul? Hope in God! And no matter my circumstances, or my feelings, I will praise Him!

“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, ‘For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.’ No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:35-39).”

Read Philippians

©2018 Marie McGaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!