He Reigns!

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Get Some Sleep


“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
~Psalm 91:1-2

I got up late this morning. I’m usually an early riser but every now and then it catches up with me and I sleep a little longer than usual. Having dogs get me up at midnight so they can go out doesn’t help. I remember when I was a teen and how I hated getting up in the mornings, and then in my twenties, I just wanted to stay up and party all the time. “I’ll sleep when I’m dead” was a popular saying. Now, I wish I could have all those nights back! Sleep is from the Lord. We all need rest, it’s how we recharge and continue. It gives us a physical and mental reboot. And our dreams allow us to work out problems and deal with life.

“You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound. In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety (Psalm 4:7-8).”

When you go to sleep tonight, meditate on scripture, say your prayers and tell the Lord how much you appreciate the fact he watches over you and allows you to have a good night’s sleep.

“I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the Lord sustained me (Psalm 3:5).”

“If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. (Proverbs 3:24).”

Read Mark 6-10

© 2018 Marie McGaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!