He Reigns!

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Blow Over Me


“When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place. And suddenly there came from Heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them.  And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance.
~Acts 2:1-4

I’ve always liked the wind; whether it was coming off the ocean when I was a kid at the beach with my grandmother, or hitting my face while riding down the road on a motorcycle, or a storm blowing in, I’ve always found the wind refreshing. I think it’s because I see the correlation between wind and the Spirit of God. I cannot see the wind, but I can see its affects around me, and I can feel it brush over my skin and blow though my hair. I cannot see God, but I see His affect on my life and I can feel His Spirit in my heart.

“The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
~John 3:8

When we are born of the Spirit, we have an intimate relationship with God Almighty. It is as real in our life as any tangible relationship we have on earth. Even though we don’t physically see God, and can’t touch Him with our hands, He touches us in ways that no one else can. Sensing God’s Spirit is something He allows us to do with our minds, hearts and spirits when we are born again through the redemption offered by Jesus Christ. No other relationship on earth can cleanse us from our sins, make our lives brand new, give us an eternal purpose, and turn us from hell onto the path of Heaven. It is only though a relationship with Jesus Christ that we can experience true righteousness, abiding love, and hope for a future.

“Jesus said to them again, ‘Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, even so I am sending you.’ And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit’ (John 20:21-22).”

“There's a wind a-blowin', all across the land
A fragrant breeze of Heaven
Blowin’ once again
Don't know where it comes from
Don't know where it goes
But let it blow over me
Oh, sweet wind, come and blow over me…”
Sweet Wind by David Ruis

Read Acts 20-24

©2018 Marie McGaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!