He Reigns!

Monday, October 8, 2018

God's Course


“For You formed my inward parts; You knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in Your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.”
~Psalm 139:13-16

No matter the circumstances of our birth, none of us were created by accident. God planned the exact moment of our conception, our birth and our death. Even if our lives seem random, God formed a perfect moment for us to be here even before He planned the foundation of the earth. Every moment of our lives was seen by God before they happened, and He knew every step we would take before we took them. There is no aspect of our lives that God did not know prior to our being here, including the good, the bad and the indifferent. However, the choice of how we use the days given us is ours to make. We choose whether our lives will follow the world or follow Christ, and by choosing one or the other, we choose the consequences. While God already knows the path we will take, we have the choice to change the course of that path. No matter the circumstances of our lives, we can choose to let it be an anchor that drags us down or a sail that propels us forward. And it’s never too late to follow the course God has for us.

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us for adoption to Himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will (Ephesians 1:3-5).”

Read John 1-5

© 2018 Marie McGaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!