He Reigns!

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Lift Your Eyes

“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord you God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
~Isaiah 43:1-3 

There are times in life when we are tired, worn out, and drained. Sometimes, we need to take a step back and recharge. I find being alone with God is the best way to do that. I turn on my favorite worship music, I dance and sing and praise God. I read the Bible and I pray. I watch videos of my favorite teachings from Rabbi Schneider and Pastor Irvin Baxter. Not always in that order. I am a visual person and an interactive person. I like being able to express myself in whatever way fills my heart and soul with the peace that can only come from a holy Lord. Worshipping Jesus Christ for who He is and what He’s done in my life gives me the peace that surpasses all understanding. No matter what goes on in life, I know I can count on Him.

“I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come?  My help comes from the Lord, who made Heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all evil; He will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore (Psalm 121).”

God’s promises never change. They are the same today as they were yesterday, and they’ll be the same tomorrow as they are today. No matter what happens in life, or how we feel, or how tired we get, the Lord is still on our side. He is still our advocate in a world that tries to tear us down. He is our peace when the oceans rage and the volcanoes flow into the sea. He is our comfort when the earth shakes, and the wind spins out of control. He is always with us no matter what is going on in life, or even when life is smooth as glass. Our only job is to accept His great love and love Him in return. Jesus Christ showed His great love for us when He died on the Cross (John 15:13); we show ours in our worship, prayer and Bible study.

“By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before Him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and He knows everything (1 John 3:19-20).”

Read Nehemiah 7-9


©2018 Marie McGaha

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!