He Reigns!

Thursday, September 7, 2017

I Know Why

"For behold, He who forms the mountains and creates the wind, and declares to man what is His thought, who makes the morning darkness,
and treads on the heights of the earth—
the Lord, the God of hosts, is his name!"
~Amos 4:13

I have always loved moonless nights when I could lay on my back and look up at the stars. I remember when I was a kid we'd go down to the school yard and lay out sleeping bags and blankets on the Merry-Go-Round and watch the stars. Sometimes they would move and we thought they were UFOs but we were kids. Man has looked up into the stars and wondered what was up there, & what was beyond them since the beginning of time. Galileo, DaVinci, all of the great philosophers and artists looked up in the sky and wanted to know how the heavenly bodies came to be & what was holding them in place. I suppose scientists could give an answer as to how the stars got there, and what's holding them in place. I'm no scientist, but I wouldn't have a problem telling them they were wrong because I know how they got there, and how they stay in place - God Almighty and nothing else (Psalm 33:6).

The Lord created the heavens and the Earth with such care. He made the Earth separate from anything else that is in the sky. He made it absolutely perfect because He knew exactly what humans would need to survive on this planet. Then He made humans from the dust of the earth, and made all of it compatible with the rest. It is the most intricate symbiotic relationship there is. Consider a woman who carries a child from conception to birth. That didn't happen by accident. The relationship of one individual creating another individual with nothing but an umbilical cord to ensure life and health is a miracle.

There are a lot of things in life that I don't understand. There is a lot of things in life that I would like to change. But there is one thing in life that I have a complete understanding of and that is, God is in control. I know Who created the heavens and the earth. I know Who put life into motion. I know the God of the universe. I know that my life means something because He created my life. I know that He still walks on water. I know that He still holds the Earth in His hands. I know the stars stay in the sky because He tells them to. And I know that each person who is reading this has a specific place in this earth and has a specific calling from God because He also created you. He created your life. He put you on this planet for a purpose. And He is calling you now to fulfill that purpose.

"And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ (Philippians 1:6)."

Your life was created for more than getting up, drinking coffee, breathing, going to work, coming home, and doing it all over again. Your life was created by God, for God, to be used by God. Your life was created so that those around you can know Jesus Christ.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11)."

Look at the stars in the heavens and see what God has done for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!