He Reigns!

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

The Maddening Crowds


“Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
~Matthew 11:28-30

Life can be very demanding physically, mentally and emotionally. We all have burdens to carry that can seem to be very weighty and sometimes, those burdens can make us feel as if we can’t go on. There’s been times in my life when I’ve wanted to chuck it all, move to a desert isle and forget there is anything else in the world. I hate it that my time isn’t always my own and that I have responsibilities to others in the various circles in my life. I have family obligations, work obligations, ministerial obligations, and the list goes on. It gets tiring and sometimes, the most I can do is hideout and binge watch Forensic Files.

“But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint (Isaiah 40:31).”

The Lord is our strength but that is also determined by our dependence on Him in every aspect of our lives. Even Jesus got tired but when He did, He separated Himself from the crowds and spent time alone with God, praying and being strengthened (Luke 5:16). If we are to complete our tasks on earth, we have to be like Jesus, who was fully human, yet fully God, but still took time to pray and be sustained by that close relationship with the Father. We must also pray privately, take time away from the maddening crowds, turn off the TV and other distractions and spend time alone with our Lord and Savior.

“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things…and the God of peace will be with you (Philippians 4:8-9).”

Read Jeremiah 13-20

 ©2017 Marie McGaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!