He Reigns!

Monday, August 27, 2018

Our Blessed Hope


"But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear Him, and His righteousness with their children’s children."
~Psalm 103:17

If you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll have noticed my absence over the past week. I went to Tennessee to visit my folks, who are both in ill health and getting on in years. For me, it was a long flight, a long drive, and lots of walking through airports. The week with my parents went by too quickly and then it was more driving, walking and flying to get back home. I'm exhausted! But I am so happy I was able to make the trip and spend the week with them. I am blessed to still have both my parents at this age in my life and I hope I will be able to see them again soon. I don't think that as a younger person, I fully appreciated having parents who love me, but as a mother and grandmother, I find I am more appreciative of having parents who are still with us. Especially since many of my friends have lost theirs and are grieving that loss. My parents are both Christians and I know when they do leave this world, they'll be with the Lord and one day, and I will see them again. I can't imagine how difficult it is for people who don't have that assurance with their families. 

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to His great mercy, He has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in Heaven for you (1 Peter 1:3-4)."

My paternal grandmother was the praying matriarch of our family, and the reason I am a Christian today. She died without seeing even one of her children or grandchildren saved, but the Lord never forgot her prayers. Her greatest hope was to see her family in Heaven one day, and that is also my greatest hope for my own children and grandchildren. Every time I think about my grandmother, I am filled with gratitude for her unending prayers that are the reason my parents will one day join her in Heaven, and someday, I will too. I always think what a wonderful family reunion that is going to be! Christ is our blessed hope both here on earth and in Heaven. If we are to have any hope at all, let us all hope in Him.

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession who are zealous for good works (Titus 2:11-14)."

Read Jeremiah 1-5

© 2018 Marie McGaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!