He Reigns!

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Renew Your Strength

"But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."
~Isaiah 40:31

Recently, I watched a video of an eagle in flight. Someone had mounted a tiny camera on the eagle's head and then let it go. The earth, from an eagle's perspective, is amazing. I remember riding a roller coaster once that climbed slowly up and up and up to about forty feet in the air and then stopped when the first car was hanging over the top. I was in the second car, perched on the pinnacle and I could see forever, or at least it seemed that way. Forty feet in the air gave me a perspective that I wouldn't normally have, unlike the eagle, who sees everything from high above the earth.

Seeing the eagle's view reminded me of God's perspective. The Bible tells us God is exalted high above the earth (Psalm 113) and lives in a high and holy place (Isaiah 57). There is nothing anywhere on Earth that the Lord cannot see. He continually watches over His children.

"For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward Him (2 Chronicles 16:9)."

To be "blameless" in the eyes of God means to be innocent of wrong doing. Even though we have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23), when we accept Christ as our Savior, we are blameless before God. It is then that we "renew our strength and mount up with wings of eagles" and are able to soar high above the worries and pitfalls of life. There is nothing in our lives, our minds, or in our hearts the Lord does not see. We are all stripped bare before Him. But in Him we can rest assured the plans for our lives are the best they can be.

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
 neither are your ways My ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are
 My ways higher than your ways
and My thoughts than your thoughts (Isaiah 55:8-9)."

Read Joshua 10-12

A Year of Blessings by Marie McGaha ©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!