He Reigns!

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Be A Fool

"And David and all the house of Israel were celebrating before the Lord, with songs and lyres and harps and tambourines and castanets and cymbals.

And David danced before the Lord with all his might. And David was wearing a linen ephod.


And David returned to bless his household. But Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David and said, “How the king of Israel honored himself today, uncovering himself today before the eyes of his servants' female servants, as one of the vulgar fellows shamelessly uncovers himself!”  And David said to Michal, “It was before the Lord, who chose me above your father and above all his house, to appoint me as prince over Israel, the people of the Lord—and I will celebrate before the Lord.  I will be a bigger fool than this, and I will be abased in your eyes. But by the female servants of whom you have spoken, by them I shall be held in honor.”

~2 Samuel 6:5,14, 20-22

This story of King David is one of my favorites. David was celebrating having possession of the Ark of the Covenant and worshipped the Lord with his whole being. His wife, Michal, wasn't too happy to see her husband dancing like a fool in the streets where everyone could see him. Maybe she thought because he was king, he needed to be a bit more respectable in public. Maybe she felt worship was something to be done in private. Whatever it was, the result was David telling her he didn't care what she thought, he was going to praise God openly.


Worship has always been my favorite form of communion with God. I like expressing my love for my Savior through worship in dance, movement, and sign language. I do not have a voice for singing but I am still very vocal in my praise. The Bible tells us the Lord inhabits our praise (Psalm 22:3), and I know it's true. Whether it's in church or at home, I put my heart and soul into praising and worshipping my Lord and Savior. Even though some people have found my particular form of worship distasteful, I'm like David - I will be an even bigger fool than this because my worship is not for people, it is for the Lord.



"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's (Psalm 103:1-5)."


Whether in church or at home, worship the Lord in whatever way your soul desires. Don't let pride or the fear of ridicule keep you from expressing yourself and worshipping in spirit and in truth.

Read Deuteronomy 27-28


A Year of Blessings by Marie McGaha ©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!