He Reigns!

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

The Deep Things of God

“Can you find out the deep things of God? Can you find out how far the All-powerful can go? They are higher than the heavens. What can you do? They are deeper than the place of the dead. What can you know? They are longer than the earth and wider than the sea."
~Job 11:7-9

When I was a youngster, I thought I knew all there was to know about everything. As I got older, I realized how much I didn't know, and now, in my golden years, I'm not sure I know anything! Age and experience are awesome teachers. While there is much to be said about the exuberance of youth, I prefer the wisdom of old age.


None of us will ever know everything. No matter how many degrees we obtain, how many jobs we have, how many people we supervise, or how extensive we travel, we simply cannot learn it all. But there are things we come to understand more clearly, like how to treat others, that family and love are worth more than any amount of money, that life itself is fleeting, and that in the end, it isn't about just being alive but rather, how we lived the life we are given.


We want to leave a mark on this Earth before we go. We want to be remembered. Some will always be remembered, like Rembrandt, Van Gogh, Michaelangelo, Bach, Beethoven, and others, but the average person is also remembered. Maybe not for great art or music, but for who they were and what they did for others. Their character is what's remembered. 


While I want my children to remember me for loving them, and friends to remember me for caring about them, above all, I want to be remembered as a woman who loved the Lord above all else. I want God to remember me that way. Whatever else I've done, I hope people have forgiven my misdeeds and remember that I have loved the Lord with all my heart and soul (Luke 10:27).


"For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do (Hebrews 6:10)."


The greatest legacy we can leave is not listed in our last will and testament but in the way we lived our lives in Christ.


Read

Job 11-14

A Year of Blessings by Marie McGaha

©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!