He Reigns!

Monday, January 22, 2018

Everywhere You Go

'"Can anyone hide from me in a secret place? Am I not everywhere in all the heavens and earth?” says the Lord.'
~Jeremiah 23:24

Rich Mullins is one of my favorite singers, sadly leaving us way too early, but leaving behind a great body of worship music. One of my favorites is 'I See You':
"And everywhere I go, I see You (echo) 
And everywhere I go, I see You (echo) 
And You take my hand (echo) 
And You wash it clean (echo) 
I know the promised land (echo) 
Is light years ahead of me (echo) .
.."


All we have to do is look around us to see the hand of God in all of Creation but did you know that our Creator sees us at all times? There is no place we can go that He's not already there.

"And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do (Hebrews 4:13)."


For those who know Christ as their Savior, this is comforting. There is no fear in knowing that the Lord watches His beloved children night and day, but for those who aren't living a life of righteousness in Christ, that can be a scary thought. Those who live in sin don't give much thought to whether their deeds are bare before God, but those who profess one thing in public but do another in private, know the Lord is keeping an account. 

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God (Hebrews 10:31)."

We will all fall into the hands of God one day, some for righteousness' sake, which will be a wonderful and joyous occasion; others to answer for their deeds on Earth, which will be a terrifying event. But it is our choice. 

"If you think it is wrong to serve the Lord, choose today whom you will serve... But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord (Joshua 24:15)."

Read
Job 1-10

A Year of Blessings by Marie McGaha
©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!