He Reigns!

Monday, March 19, 2018

Ease Your Mind

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." ~Romans 12:2

There was a time I conformed to this world. I was young and wanted to be part of the crowd. I wanted to have fun and be with friends, and make new friends. It's part of our human nature to want to be accepted, loved, wanted, and needed but that can be a problem when we don't have the right mindset. When we get involved with the wrong people, wrong activities, wrong frame of mind, we wind up in trouble. We often find ourselves doing things we shouldn't, heading down a path that can only lead to destruction.

"There is a way that seems right to man, but its end is death (Proverbs 14:12)."

I don't remember if I ever stopped to think where my friends and I were heading, whether I took into consideration the end result of my actions, but probably not. Humans tend to live in the moment, and especially when living a wayward lifestyle, we rarely stop to consider the consequences. In hindsight, I know if I had not come to my senses, the end would have meant death and eternal separation from God. I was on that wide path to hell (Matthew 7:13).

If we are to live right, to be accepted, loved, wanted and needed in a healthy way, we must renew our minds and be transformed by the Word of God. We are made in God's image, so why is it so easy to follow destruction rather than transformation? I think it's because our minds are filled with negative ideas and images from such an early age that we believe the garbage long before we find truth. And the garbage of this world is only getting more pervasive.

"While we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:18)."

"Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth (Colossians 3:2)."

Renewing our minds daily in Jesus Christ is how we avoid being caught up in the things of this world. It begins by accepting Christ as our Savior, and then by going to church, reading the Bible, prayer, and being friends with other believers. We can also stop reading and believing everything we see on social media. We don't have to inundate our minds with everything that is going on around us.

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ (Titus 2:11-13)."

Read Deuteronomy 18-22

A Year of Blessings by Marie McGaha ©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!