He Reigns!

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

An Inconvenient Truth

"Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in Your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
~Psalm 139:16


I have given birth to seven children, which was a miracle considering I have also miscarried that same number of times. Each loss of pregnancy was heart-wrenching and devastating. I feel the same way about every child that is lost due to abortion. I believe abortion is murder and the worst kind of murder. It's the murder of an innocent baby, no different than if someone puts a gun to a toddler's head and pulls the trigger or wraps their hands around a six year old's neck and squeezes the life from them. In fact, I think the same people who perform abortions might be outraged over someone murdering an innocent child. Yet, about 3,000 innocent children are murdered daily in abortion clinics nation wide.

In spite of that, I do not want to stand on my soapbox and scream, "Ban abortion!" I remember the days before Roe v. Wade when back alley abortions killed women, and when women tried to perform their own abortions with knitting needles and coat hangers. No one should die because they feel they've made a mistake they absolutely cannot live with.


On the other hand, I believe in the sanctity of life, and that we are all created by God. "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you...(Jeremiah 1:5)." We are created in God's image, and we are loved beyond measure by Him. So what is the answer?


We live in a fallen world and until that changes, there is no solution that will please everyone. Ultimately, I would like to see abortion clinics close because there is no reason for them. I would like to see abstinence prevail so there are no "unwanted" pregnancies. I would like to see hearts and minds turn to God and away from the lusts of this world. 


"Come to Me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28)."


Jesus is the answer. No matter what question we have, Jesus is the answer. No child should be murdered because they are an inconvenience. There are alternative decisions that saves lives. 


"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these' (Matthew 19:14)."


Read Numbers 19-21


A Year of Blessings by Marie McGaha ©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!