He Reigns!

Monday, March 5, 2018

Keep Asking

"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."
~John 15:7

I have prayed and prayed for some things that I've not seen an answer to. It's very discouraging sometimes not to see our prayers answered, and we can incorrectly assume God is saying "no." Sometimes, God is saying "wait, the timing isn't right." We can be impatient when we are waiting for an answer to prayer and stop praying about that particular thing. But if we are faithful and walk in the ways of the Lord, we can be assured He hears us.

"And this is the confidence that we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His will He hears us (1 John 5:14)."

My paternal grandmother was a godly woman who prayed daily for the salvation of her children and grandchildren. She passed away in 1981 without seeing any of us saved. But just because she died didn't mean her prayers went unanswered. Our prayers do not fall on deaf ears when we pray according to the word of God. But a few years later, not only did I come to salvation but so did my mother and then, my father. The Lord continues to honor my grandmother's prayers. 

I prayed for my husband's salvation for eighteen years before he came to the Lord, and I continue to pray for my children and and grandchildren to all receive salvation. Whether or not I will see each of them come to the Lord, I don't know. I do know God will answer my prayers for them whether I am here or not.

"The Lord is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous (Proverbs 15:29)."

No matter how long you've been praying without seeing an answer, don't get discouraged or take it to mean God said no, or isn't listening. His timing is not ours, His ways are not ours, but rest assured that He has the perfect plan to answer your prayers. And no matter how it looks, continue to pray (1 Thessalonians 5:17)!

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor your ways My ways,” says the Lord. 
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts (Isaiah 55:9)."

Read Numbers 16-18

A Year of Blessings by Marie McGaha ©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!