He Reigns!

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Waiting For The Lord

"Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!"
~Psalm 27:14

I am not good at waiting. I like to move through life at my own pace, and anyone who messes with that, irritates me. I can be the same way when waiting on the Lord to answer prayers or do something in my life. But if you've followed God for any amount of time, you come to realize, He doesn't run on our schedules! When I was young and a new Christian, I thought God was old and slow. In our frame of mind, He can seem to be slow, but what He's really doing is teaching us a few things along the way.

Without God's seemingly snail's pace of doing things, I would not have learned patience. I would not have learned that God always has a better plan, and that what I think would be a great path, actually had a deep hole at the end. We don't see the big picture until we're looking back; God sees the beginning, the middle, and the end all at once, and His plans are always in our best interest (Jeremiah 29:11).

Learning to think the way God does and to trust in Him completely is to grow in our relationship with Him. Accepting that an unanswered prayer doesn't always mean God said 'no', but has said 'I have something better in mind' is what also makes this journey so exciting. 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6)."

Read
Genesis 22-24
1 Chronicles 1:28-31

A Year of Blessings by Marie McGaha
@2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!