He Reigns!

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Lord's Treasure

"I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart;
I will tell of all Your marvelous works.
I will be glad and rejoice in You;
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High."
~Psalm 9:1-2

As we enter this new year, let us do so with praise on our lips, and a song in our hearts. God has brought us through to a brand new year so that we can continue to spread His word to those who do not know Him. He has brought us to a new year so that we can continue to praise and worship Him in our lives. 

As this Psalm continues, the author explains how the Lord has proved Himself by turning back enemies, maintaining the righteousness of others, rebuking nations, and destroying the wicked. We have to remember that the Lord continues to do those things in our lives as well.

The world around us is wicked and out of control in our narrow scope but God sees everything (Proverbs 15:3). Nothing escapes Him and as much as people like to think they've gotten away with their evil deeds, God is keeping a record. 

"Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account (Hebrews 14:3)."

No matter how life looks, praise the Lord because He has it all under control. He holds us lovingly in His hands and will never let us go. We are His treasure!

 “They will be my people,” says the Lord Heaven’s Armies. “On the day when I act in judgment, they will be my own special treasure. I will spare them as a father spares an obedient child (Malachai 3:17)."

Read
Genesis 7:1-10:5
1 Chronicles 1:5-7

A Year of Blessings by Marie McGaha
©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!