He Reigns!

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Breathe Life

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being."
~Genesis 2:7

I recently learned that two people I knew in my younger days passed away. They weren't friends, just people I knew back then and probably haven't thought of more than once or twice over all the years. As I was reading their obituaries, I kept thinking about them as I knew them, which was in great contrast to the comments friends and loved ones had left about how great they were, how loving, how they'll be missed. That's not how I would've described either of them.

It got me to thinking of who I was then too. If those two had read my obituary, would they be thinking the same thing? Would they have laughed and said, "That's not how I remember her!"? Probably. We all change over the years, some for the better, some for worse, but either way, it's our choice to decide if we are going to breathe death, or are we going to breathe Life.

In Hebrew, the word "soul" is "nephesh", which means “an animated, breathing, conscious, and living being” as in the above verse. Adam would have remained a lump of dirt had God not breathed life into him.

We are the same way in our lives before we accept Christ as our Savior. We may be walking around, living and breathing, but we aren't breathing life. We are simply existing day to day, going through daily tasks, biding our time. Breathing life is much more than inhaling and exhaling,; it is the understanding of our place in the eyes of God, in knowing we were created by a Master builder for a special and specific purpose.

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect (Romans 12:2)."

When we accept Christ as Lord of our life, we can step away from the things of the world, and enter into our heavenly purpose here on Earth. When we enter into that relationship with Christ, we breathe Life into all we do.

Read
Genesis 25-27
1 Chronicles 1:32-54

A Year of Blessings by Marie McGaha
©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!