Award for Excellence in Children's Literature:
Amelia Frump & Her Peanut Butter Loving, Overactive Imagination
Cooking Up A Peanut Butter Storm
The peanut butter recipes in this book makes for good fun for the entire family with recipes like, "The Jelly is Runny, The Banana is Slimy" Banana Bread; Libba's "Dab of this, Swoosh of That" Granola; and "No Lima Beans, Please," Vegetable Soup; plus lots of puzzles and information that will keep your child busy in the kitchen and out.
Nuts for Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Soup
Sweet potatoes and peanut butter in a soup? Sounds strange, right? The combination of the two results in a sweet, nutty flavor that makes this soup perfect for lunch or dinner any time of the year.
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. fresh ginger root, minced
1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. apple pie spice
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
1 3/4 cup chicken broth
2 cups water
1 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
¼ cup unsalted peanuts
2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
1/4 c cilantro (leaves only), chopped (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Saute the onion 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Mix in the garlic, ginger, cumin, and apple pie spice.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrot.
4. Continue to cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the water, broth, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer
And don't forget to order Amelia Frump's first book as she battles witches and other things that hide in the dark, under beds and in closets!